Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Outerbanks

We had the great opportunity to go hangout for a week at the Outerbanks in North Carolina with 5 other families. We stayed in a three story home with 7 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, a huge kitchen with 2 dish washers, a theater room, recreation room (ping pong, foose ball, pool table), and we were about 100 yards from the beach. We had a blast!! The kids had friends to play with all week, Charlie and Maverick stayed up late playing games with the other adults, we all ate way too much, especially Thanksgiving day. We spent a lot of time at the beach. Even though it was too cold to swim, it was perfect for kite flying, dodging waves, and building sand castles. We even saw some dolphins swimming and jumping out of the water. We also went to see a Lighthouse. Overall, our Thanksgiving break was wonderful, relaxing, and tons of fun. Now it is back to the real world. Bummer :)

The following pics are from our trip to the light house.

Playing at the beach, flying kites, trying to stay dry (Maverick, Iceman, and Goose all failed at this), running from waves, and enjoying being together.Worn out from the days festivities. Like Father Like Son. Goose climbs out of his Pack n' Play so we had to barricade him in with big chairs, he figured out how to crawl under them to get out, so we had to put something against the bottom of the chairs to keep him in. This is where we found him the next morning.

Happy Thanksgiving!

The bathtubs were jacuzzi tubs! The boys loved the bubbles it made!

5 comments:

Dawn Davis said...

Was it Michelle that mom found under the bed one morning...that picture of Goose reminds me of whoever it was!! what a fun vacation, Love the pic of iceman running from the waves. Such a cute family!!

proudmamablogga said...

Wow; this vacation looks great!

Lisa Burbidge said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation!!

flem-fam said...

Cute pics! I'm so glad you guys came with us this year. We had so much fun. Sorry I've missed you at the gym this week. I'm not gonna lie - it's because I'm lazy and would rather sleep!

Michelle said...

I can't get enough of the pictures!!!! I miss your boys so much! and by the way... to dawns comment. yes it was me! :) Looks like you had so much fun! I miss you! tell your family i say hi!