Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A couple things to chuckle at...

1. The other night at dinner Maverick and I brought up "hooter hiders" Yes that is what they are called. It is the name of a nursing cover so that a mom can modestly nurse without flashing the world or smothering the baby, anyway, the following conversation took place:

Iceman: "What is a hooter hider?"
Charlie: "It is a blanket that mom uses to cover herself while Jester is eating."
Iceman: "Oh (pause to think) What is it called again, a Peter Piper?"
Charlie and Maverick in unison: "Yes, a Peter Piper." (Relieved that Hooter did not stick as a new vocabulary word) note: I have no idea why we were discussing this in front of the kids

2. A few nights a week we go to the park near our home to play. There is a white car that is parked right by the play ground. Well one day Goose ran up and hit it (I still have no idea why) What resulted from the hit...can you guess? The car's alarm went off. Did this scare Goose? Did it stop him from touching the car again? Did he come running to me wondering what was going on? NO! After the alarm went off he did it again. This time hoping for the loud beeping to happen again. That same night walking home Goose hit every car we passed waiting for the car alarm to go off. As for the car at the park, he has set it off a handful of times since the first occurrence and I am sure it will happen many more times.

3. Iceman really wants to be a "big kid". He has mastered the monkey bars and the swings. He really wants to watch the "big kid" shows like Spider Man, Transformers, and Star Wars. We started with Ninja Turtles, which he is so in love with and is determined to be Leonardo for Halloween. Anyway, the other night we let him watch Star Wars for the first time, one of the slimy green walking "Pigs" appeard on the TV and Iceman was done, he ran up the stairs crying because the pig was scary. He then sat at the top of the stairs will the curiosity to watch but not get too close to the TV. At dinner all he could talk about was Star Wars, he aksed us tons of "Why" questions. For example, "Why does Chewy growl when he talks? I don't like it." "Why did Chewy and Han have to go to jail?" "Why did Jaba the Hut eat a frog? Was it his dinner?" "Are Darth Mal and Darth Vador bad guys? (He knew all about Darth Mal from a kid at preschool) And many more questions. He really wants to watch it but I am worried that if a walking pig scared him that he might not be ready.

5 comments:

Dawn Davis said...

those are so cute. Peter Piper...ha ha! and the car alarm, hilarious! I can't wait to see you in like 2 weeks!!! YAY!!

Michelle said...

That is so funny! I seriously could NOT stop laughing about the one with the car alarm!!! HILARIOUS!! oh and HAPPY LESS THAT 12 DAYS TILL I GET TO SEE YOU!! :)

The Parkers said...

OH that is great!! I am glad you write these things down...I can't wait to do the same. Like Michelle and Dawn AGAIN HAPPY 2 WEEKS!!

Unknown said...

I love this post! I think I might have to call it a "peter piper" from now on. All those stories were great!

I forgot to tell you that Brooks' sister, Donelle, is living in DC to do her student teaching. She loves it! My inlaws were there last week to visit.

Carin said...

It is so amazing what scare little kids, and what they can blow off as nothing. JT LOVES the Star Wars and Spiderman, and has never bat an eyelash about anything there, but he is scared to death of MOngo, the big cookie on Shrek 2! Go figure:) Cute post:)