Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Berries and Peaches

For an emergency preparedness activity our ward planned a day of berry and peach picking. The idea was to have fun picking berries and peaches and then bring them home and learn how to preserve them. The boys and I had a lot of fun picking the fruit. Goose ate more black berries than he put in the boxes and Jester just hung out. Iceman did a great job picking peaches. We picked peaches, road a tractor to the berries and back, played with farm animals, ate a picnic lunch that included roasted corn, and picked pretty flowers for Charlie to put out on the table. We had a lot of fun. Our peaches are still ripening, and our balckberries are about half gone. We made a yummy batch of homemade ice cream with some of them and Goose is sure trying to finsih off the rest. I didn't quite get to the preserving part this time, but we sure had fun picking!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

that looks like it was so much fun!!!!! I love the picture of them putting their faces in the holes! one because they aren't smiling and two because you can see both of there little hands hangin out of the top so it kinda looks silly!! they are all getting so big I can't even believe it. I love you guys and wish we lived closer to each other so I could see you more! I love you and those pictures are hilarious! :) hahahaha

grandma honey said...

Wow. That looks fun!