Thursday, August 20, 2009

Stages

New Hair Cuts
Iceman has hit the "how I look" stage. He now wants to wear his hair spiked and Goose wants to do whatever Iceman does so on their last hair cuts we didn't go bald, we left some to spike and Iceman is thrilled about it!




"He Started It!"
Yes we have hit the "He started it" stage of childhood in our home.

I am so sorry mom and dad that we put you through this stage! All day long I get to listen to "He started it" or "You started it" or "fill in the blank started it". The only funny part of this is that Goose hasn't quite grasped the concept of what "He started it" means. So he will just randomly say it to Iceman resulting in the following...
Goose and Iceman sitting and watching a show,
Goose: "Iceman started it"
Iceman: "I didn't do anything!"
Goose: "Yeah, you started it!"
Iceman: "No I didn't you did!"
Goose: "You did"
Iceman: "You started it!!"
Well, you get the picture. It eventually turns into a yelling match and both boys end up in time out for argueing about nothing at all. Maverick thinks this is hilarious, Charlie, not so much.

And Finally...Jester is Walking
This is a very exciting stage for us. Jester is very happy being able to have a little independence. However, along with this stage comes the older brother stage that involves big brother Goose knocking him over, wrestling him to the ground, tripping him, hugging all over him, and well anything he can do to stop the mobility. I know he loves Jester, but he just isn't gentle. I remember the same thing happening when Goose started walking and Iceman was the big brother doing all the wrestling moves, and I know it is a stage that will pass, I just pray Jester makes it through it.

5 comments:

Dawn Davis said...

umm, look at your little boys!!! They are so handsome, and Goose is a little stud!! I'm happy to hear Jester is walking, it makes life a bit easier not having to lug them around!

The Parkers said...

ok they are mini-Rickeys! I love it...what studs! Kynslee is getting the hang of walking now and it's fun to see her learn and grasp it...crazy how time is flying by

daveandlisa said...

Your boys look so ADORABLE!!!! Tell Tre we love the new hair. He's got good taste. And Tre totally looks like Rickey especially with his new hair. So cute! And I love the "he started it" story. Where do kids learn these things? It's such a fun phase (that never goes away!) We miss you guys!!!!!

daveandlisa said...

P.S. When are you coming to visit AZ? We need to see some VA friends!!!

Unknown said...

I love the "he started it" story. Too funny! Brooks starts school tomorrow and all our summer fun will come to a close. We did go to the reunion, but I did not take a single picture. It was fun to see everyone. People asked about you and if you were coming. Maybe next time!