Sunday, January 31, 2010

Button, Button, whose got the button?

So today, Goose came up to me a little whiney. This is normal if he is tired or hungry. So I assumed he was tired or hungry, until he said, "I have a button in my nose." Yes, a button. I had him blow his nose many times and nothing came out. I asked him if he stuck a button in his nose and he said no. However, he continued to say he had a button in his nose. A little concerned I took him to Maverick and toldhim that Goose claims that he has a button in his nose. Maverick asked Goose is he had a button in his nose and Goose said, "no". Maverick looked in his nose and saw nothing. Goose continued to deny that he has a button in his nose while Maverick was looking at him. However when asked if he was okay, he said, "No, I have a button in my nose!" So I had him go back to the bathroom, I grabbed a flashlight and a Q-tip and started looking, I saw nothing. I had him blow his nose again, and nothing came out. He continued picking and whining and eventually gave up and went down stairs. About an hour later, he came back up whining again about a button in his nose. So once again, I got toilet paper and had him blow really hard. After about three big blows and much to my surprise (and Goose's relief) out popped a little black keyboard button. Our old laptop keyboard is missing keys. Under the keys are little, black, rubbery, cone shaped buttons that make the key bounce up after you touch it. Well, apparently it is also the perfect size to stick in a three year old's nose.

3 comments:

Jones said...

Liam is now fascinated with the idea of Clayton having a button stuck inside his nose. I'm sure you'll hear more about it in Primary:)

E said...

you got to love boys--at least it came out!

Unknown said...

That is really funny! It's crazy how kids know exactly what they are trying to tell you, but it takes us so long to figure it out.